When you haven't got too much time for cooking the best choice an easy quick wrap from healthy whole wheat tortillas. You can variate with different fillings.
HOMEMADE WHOLE WHEAT TORTILLAS
Prep Time 30 min Cook Time 20 min Total Time 50 min
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- warm water
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, oil and salt.
- Slowly add the warm water while stirring until a rough dough comes together. Add a little extra water if needed.
- Turn the dough onto the counter and knead for about two minutes.
- Return to bowl and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 equal balls.
- Roll each ball into a circle.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and grease lightly.
- Drop one dough circle into the pan and let cook until bubbles form- about 1 minute.
- Flip over and cook another minute, pressing down with a spatula if needed. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Use immediately, store in an airtight container in the fridge or freeze.
Prep Time 10 min Cook Time 20 min Total Time 30 min
- 0,5kg chicken cut in small pieces
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cups bell peppers sliced
- 1 garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt as per taste
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate, at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- Preheat a grill pan or an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the oil mixtur.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and grill the chicken until golden brown and cooked through, about 12 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate to cool slightly.
- Spread the tortillas with different cream like hummus, cream cheese,greek yogurt or eggplant cream(recipe here) evenly over tortillas.
- Top with chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce.
- Roll up tortillas.
- Enjoy! 🙂